Uses of modals
Must is used :
It is generally used in negative and interrogative sentence; as,
- You dare not take such a step.
- How dare you speak against me?
It is often used in questions; as,
- Need I come again?.
- Need I wear a tie?
It is used to express moral obligation; as,
- We ought to love our country.
- We ought to help our friends.
To express a discontinued habit; as,
- She used to drink daily.
- We used to play chess every evening.
- He used to go for a walk.
IF YOU LIKE THIS, PLEASE SHARE.
For latest update and quiz test join us on social media
- Verb its kinds
- Auxiliary verb
- Primary auxiliary verb
- Modal auxiliary verb
- Modal (Shall, Will, Would, Should)
- Modal (Can, Could, May, Might)
- Modal (Must, Dare, Need, Ought to, Used to)
Parts of Speech